Only family ???
Yesterday , I went to a park . They did not let me in ,
saying that it was only a family place . I was mad , but I did not know what to
do ? What would you have done ? I tried to make him listen , but he did not
give a devil about it . this got me thinking whether is it right to do so or
not .
a talk with teacher
![]()
A few days ago , I was attending a lecture of Pak studies ,
this topic arose there . There were two groups . Our teacher was a married guy
. So , he was in favour of banishing
individuals from family places . This was not the case with us .
He said that whenever he wants to go to some place with his
family , that place should be clear of any entity that could cause his family
any disturbance . He said that this was his right to enjoy without disturbance
. ‘ and as we know , ’ he continued , ‘ single boys tend to harm the
environment in most of the cases . So , to secure the rights of families , they
should not be allowed to enter family places .
We could not remain silent , so , one of us stood up and argued
, is it okay for the constitution to give punishment to an individual before he
had even committed the crime ? The answer was ofcourse NO . It’s like there is
a board in a train that says smoking is not allowed and a man is stopped from
boarding that train by saying that he looks like a smoker . That does not make
any sense . Pakistan is a free country . Every person has basic rights . You
are protecting your own rights by violating and depriving others of their
rights ! How ironic is that ! Constitution provide every citizen basic rights ,
and even constitution itself does not have the right to demolish them .
And our teacher did not had anything to say . He said things
like , You know it’s Pakistan , you know how boys are like and all they need is
an opportunity to do ………. But this is it
. We are not like this . It is another thing that some one does not let me
enter a family place and I go back and get a girl , be it my girlfriend or any
random girl . Then I will be one of boys who seeks and opportunity . And guess
what I get to enter the place , and all those gentel boys outside learned a
lesson , they should have brought a girl with them and on and on it goes . You
tell me now , who is the culprit here ?
CONSTIUTION.

Above , I was taking a back step so society could understand
me and the likes of me . And if they don’t give me what is mine , I won’t sit
with my mouth shut and my hands tied . I know how to defend my rights and so
should everyone . Let’s talk about what the constitution of Pakistan say about
this . Is it on my side or does it also sees me as a banshee . I am not saying
that I may not be wrong or anything . I can . But what I am trying to do is to
create a spirit in my fellows to not just endure . Endurance does not mean
patience . Master of Rumi , Shams of Tabriz says ,
“Patience
does not mean to passively endure. It means to look at the end of a process.
What does patience mean? It means to look at the thorn and see the rose, to
look at the night and see the dawn. Impatience means to be shortsighted as to
not be able to see the outcome. The lovers of God never run out of patience,
for they know that time is needed for the crescent moon to become full.
So , I opened the constitution of Pakistan and started
reading from the start . In part 2 , first chapter , Article15 , the
fundamental rights , there is written
|
|
Freedom of movementEvery citizen shall have the right to remain in, and, subject to any reasonable restriction imposed by law in the public interest, enter and move freely throughout Pakistan and to reside and settle in any part thereof.So , it clearly
states , NO BODY has the right to stop me from roaming wherever I want . For
the sake of conversation , I know there are two types of rights . There are
ethical ones , and there are legal ones . Ethical rights are backed up by
society and legal ones are backed up by government . Foer instance , respect
is a right for elders and if you don’t do it , you won’t be punished by
government , but you do it due to society . People often regard the matter
above regarding to the ethical rights . They ask us young boys to compromise
and understand that we live in a society where it is considered a taboo . But
is it all on us ? Compromise and trust goes both ways . You can not always
expect me to compromise and step back in every situation . You want me not to
go to a family park , and believe me there is not a single place worth
visiting if it is not for family . The only places are library and that is it
. I can not go to a shopping mall , I cannot go to a park . What should I do
? Moreover , The
Punjab Horticulture Authority act also states , (1) If any person intends to use a public park, green belt
or green area for any purpose other than the normal use of the place, he
shall make an application to the Authority. |
So , it is clear , unless I am doing something objectionable
by law , no body has the authority to remove my being from the premises . No
body can object my presence , be it be whoever or whatever of the area . Surely
, there are some restricted areas , but there is not a single one which allows
family and not individuals .
What can we do ?

So , what should be done . What do I suggest ? Not to the
Government , because I think it already provides us rules . I give my
suggestion to society . People who do not go through it have not the slightest
of idea what it is like . As simple as it seem , it proves often so exhausting
and more than intimidating . I believe teenagers have too much problems already
. Tests , syllabus , exams , and ton of others , do not increase them by
introducing this seemingly simple one .
We all say , that what can we do ? The management won’t help
us . But all we have to do is try . We live in Pakistan . It is our home . It
will operate how we will want it to . The problem discussed above is just the
tip of iceberg . You can apply it to any other matter .
The
activist is not the man who says the river is dirty , it is the one who cleans
it .
And finally I would like to say that what ground we have
chosen to fight with this problem , is it really working and ever going to work
???
What do you think ?
Nice thought
ReplyDeleteIm blithe! Im glad that you come up with this magnificent topic. Its a serious and major issue and need to be disscussed on elevated levels. Your out of the box ideas are always welcomed. Keep inspiring others.
ReplyDeleteReal thing is mental level of people what they think about freedom etc in Pak we are living in a very messive society that is the mixture of multi societies that is why such situations is faced by ppl infact if we have a pure system as it was in madena at the time of hazarat Muhammad saw then we can enjoy all freedoms when our mental level fully confined to Quran
ReplyDeleteThe most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You trade in your sense for an act. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask. There can't be any large-scale revolution until there's a personal revolution, on an individual level. It's got to happen inside first.(Jim Morrison)
ReplyDelete